HOW TO MAKE AND USE RAW IRISH MOSS SEAWEED
To make about 2 or 3 cups, you will need:
1 handful of raw Irish Moss Seaweed (IM) (not dried, powdered kelp)
1 salad spinner (spinner top not needed) or a colander with a bowl large enough for the colander to fit down into.
Water for rinsing
1 Ball-type quart jar with lid
Label to mark date of preparation (IM is good in the refrigerator for approxiamtely 2 weeks, but I have kept it longer)
- Take a handful of IM from the bag. Return bag to the refrigerator. Place the IM in a bowl and clean thoroughly in cool water. Check the IM for bits of sea stuff that might be stuck to it like tiny white threads, pieces of shell, etc. Place the IM in a colander and the colander into a bowl that is deep enough for the growing IM or you can use a salad spinner. Fill the colander and bowl with cool water to cover IM. I also use a salad spinner for the rinsing process...I don't spin the IM.
- After about 4-6 hours, rinse the IM one more time.
- Allow the IM to drain well.
- Place the drained IM in a blender with 1/2 to 1 cup of cool water. Blend for several minutes until smooth. If gel is too thick, add a little more water. Put finished gel in a jar with lid. Depending on how much IM you start with, it usually makes about 3 cups of gel. Refrigerate.
- SMOOTHIES: Use one heaping tablespoon in your smoothie. Blend smoothie well.
MARKUS MAKES IRISH MOSS GEL
ANOTHER GREAT IM SITE
This site has some really nice ideas for using IM. There is a suggestion as to another way to rinse the IM. I would recommend checking out the "How-Tos" and recipes.
Note of caution: Too much IM might cause loose stools as it is a mild laxative.
IODINE, THE ULTIMATE HEALING TRACE MINERAL
WANT MORE HELPFUL INFORMATION?
If you want more helpful information about Irish Moss, here is a site sent to me by a friend in Florida. I cannot attest to the quality of their product because I have not tried it, but the benefits they list are a witness to what others are saying in the above articles and videos. I can't say enough about this product.