To make about 2 or 3 cups, you will need:
1 handful of raw Irish Moss Seaweed (IM) (not dried, powdered kelp)
1 salad spinner (spinner top not needed) or a colander with a bowl large enough for the colander to fit down into.
1 Ball-type quart jar with lid
Label to mark date of preparation (IM is good in the refrigerator for approxiamtely 2 weeks)
- Take a handful of IM from the bag. Return bag to the refrigerator. Place
the IM in a colander and the colander into a bowl that is deep enough for the growing IM or you can use a salad spinner. Check the IM for bits of sea stuff that might be stuck to it like tiny white threads, pieces of shell, etc. Fill the colander
and bowl with cool water to cover IM. I also use a salad spinner for the rinsing process...i don't spin the IM.
- Rinse the IM about every 20 mins for an hour and a half. Move the IM gently, picking it up and slowly moving it around.
Use the rinse water on your outdoor plants. Do not saturate one outdoor plant.
- After the final rinse, remove the colander from the bowl and allow the IM to drain.
- Place the drained IM in a blender with 1/2 cup of cool water.
Blend for several minutes until smooth. Put finished gel in a jar with lid. It usually makes about 3 cups of gel. Refrigerate.
- SMOOTHIES: Use one heaping Tbls in your smoothie. Blend smoothie well.